Chichester Harbour Federation respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We hold certain information however as “Legitimate Interest” under GDPR.
WHAT DATA DO WE HOLD?
We may hold the following data for our members and their senior officers and in the case of Clubs, some club members provided to us;
- Contact Name
- Telephone Numbers (both Landline and/or Mobile)
- Email Addresses
Personal memberships of a club or organisation belonging to the Federation
WHY DO WE COLLECT/KEEP YOUR DATA?
The data we hold is used in order to promote the primary objectives of the Federation, a not for profit organisation,
- to promote goodwill and fellowship amongst its members
- to coordinate and organize social, cruising, and racing events
- to represent the views of the members to the Chichester Harbour Authority
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
To promote our objectives, we will publish from time to time details of our members and some of their senior officers as provided by our members in our Year Book and on our Website. Otherwise, the data is only used to communicate with our members and their officers and members.
We will never pass on any data or any of this information to third party companies for marketing purposes or any other commercial purpose except where either you have separately agreed or to establish contact with your bank or credit card company for payment of subscriptions or entry fees for events.
HOW DO WE COLLECT/KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will have asked you to provide your data when you initially join the Federation. We will ask you from time to time to update any old data particularly as it relates to changes in officers of the clubs and organisation. This may be a request by mail, in an email or by telephone.
Electronic information is held by the Secretary and Honorary officers of the Federation. on their personal computers. We may also keep paper copies of information within the homes of our Honorary Officers.
Your details are kept on our records for as long as you are a member of the Chichester Harbour Federation. Details will be removed when you are no longer a member.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to request;
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect or incomplete
- Removal of any personal data you feel is not relevant to membership of the Federation
- You can contact the Honorary Secretary to request to exercise these rights at any time
This Privacy Statement is displayed on the Federation website and copies are available upon request from the Hon Secretary.